new to the forum

Introduce yourself here!
KMeredith

new to the forum

Post by KMeredith » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello, all! I'm Kristin and I've been listening to DLWeekly for a year!

My first trip to Disneyland was in 1985 when I was a tween (not an actual word back then!) It was a huge deal for my family to go. It was the only vacation we ever took outside of our home state of Texas! I loved the immersive rides like Journey into Innerspace, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. Besides the rides, the biggest impression that stuck with me was walking by Videopolis. It was dusk and the dance floor was lighted in brilliant colors, revealing more teens gathered in one space than I had ever seen! They were dancing to Tears For Fears and Depeche Mode and I desperately wanted to join them! I had to wait another year to go to my first school dance.

The next time I went was with my husband and 4- and 6-year-old sons! The boys are now 12 and 14 and we have been to DL/DCA four times, WDW once, and recently Disneyland Paris. Needless to say, I'm hooked!

I love the podcast and hearing everyone's personal Disney stories! My husband and I aspire to be a cast members when we retire.
Attachments
IMG_0475.jpg
most recent DL trip (with my youngest kiddo)
IMG_0475.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 101 times
DL1985.jpg
first trip to DL! (little brother with me)
DL1985.jpg (96.4 KiB) Viewed 101 times
Tage
Host - DLWeekly

Re: new to the forum

Post by Tage » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm

That is an awesome story! Thank you for sharing it along with pictures! I remember Videopolis when I went there the first time in the late 80's. It was so cool. I am jealous that you were able to experience Journey Through Inner Space as that is another attraction that I would like to have been able to ride.

We are happy that you can join in on the community and like the show!