Parenting in the Parks

Discussion about Disneyland Park.
Disnerd88

Parenting in the Parks

Post by Disnerd88 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Strollers? Love em or hate them they are something that is a necessity to some and a nuisance to others.

Any brands you recommend on the parks?

What kind of etiquette do you try to keep to when using a stroller at Disneyland?

Bring your own or rent at the park?
Laura

Re: Parenting in the Parks

Post by Laura » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Hate them lol
JessFrye

Post by JessFrye » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:12 pm

I understand the need for some people to use them but they are a nuisance. They make already narrow walkways even worse.
DebraB

Post by DebraB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am

While we are out of the stroller phase, we have a lot of experience with them. The first time we went to the Parks with kids, we rented a stroller simply because the one we had with us on the trip was a cheap umbrella type. I wore my youngest most of the time, and the toddler used the rental. After that, we brought our Combi side by side double stroller. It was a godsend! The seats reclined for those afternoon naps, and we could just wheel it right up to the curb for shows and parades. It had such a small footprint that it would fit in the new dimensions almost twice over, even with being a double. It wasn't great if we had to use transportation to and from the parks because of having to take all of the stuff off, and it had a awkward size when folded. However, we usually stayed just across the street, so that was only an issue for a couple of trips. The kids were 4 and 6 on our last trip using it, so it had a nice long run. I do miss having it as a home base for our stuff, but the kids are old enough now to carry their own snacks and water in a backpack. As far as etiquette, you just have to be mindful of others around you, park in designated areas, etc.